Tuesday 20 January 2009

No drama, Obama!

I'm not sure the Americans understand how popular their soon-to-be sworn in 44th president Barack Hussein Obama is also outside the US! How much hope and expectations his election has generated world-wide!

Personally, I particularly enjoy his great rethorical skills, and I will be sure to tape his inaugural speech today. I also think it is a good sign that his campaign staff nicknamed him "No Drama Obama". After so much blustering during the Bush-years, let's hope for more level-headed communication.

If you've read my blog earlier, you know I'm a great fan of the news show CBS 60 Minutes, and they did a great interview with Obama's staff on the election night, "Obama's Inner Circle" (sorry for the embedded commercials!)

BTW, when Marvel Comics heard that Obama is a fan of Spider-Man, they promptly created a special issue where Obama is saved by Spidey! Marvel editor in chief Joe Quesada said he was "floored" to hear that the new commander-in-chief is also a "nerd-in-chief" :-D! Read Reuter's report here:

Well I think "nerd" is an honorific, indicating a person who is deeply interested in something he cares greatly about it. As long as it's not at the expense of other important matters, that is...

The issue is said to have sold out in no-time, and is being reprinted. (That first issue must be quite valuable already!)

Anyway, to end on a more serious note: May your visions come true, Mr President!

- Now I'm just going to lean on my friends in the US to send me an official Obama T-shirt or two...

/Kris C

No comments:

Post a Comment