Sunday 18 January 2009

Cats are excellent alarm clocks!

If you have a hard time getting up in the morning - get a cat or two. You can't put them on 'snooze', and they are very persistent and innovative!

Lillen (see yesterday's post) will start with sittïng by my head and try to hypnotize me to wake up. When that doesn't work, he will reach out a paw and carefully tap me on my nose and eyes. No claws or anything, very friendly-like. They will then resort to jumping on and off my bed, August being the most persistent. He will rush about on top of me, and jump just out of reach when I try to grab him.

Well, this has been described on YouTube in "Simon's Cat - Cat-man-do", so take a look:





I'm grateful that my cats are gentle enough to stop before the ear-pulling...

If possible, see this film in the company of a child. I showed it to one of my youngest relatives (Selma, 3 yo) and she laughed more and more with each viewing - kids love repetitions for some reason.

One thing is certain - Simon Tofield has a cat: he's spot on!

PS. Every time I play "Simon's Cat", August comes running, all upset, trying to find the "intruder"! :-)

/Kris C

No comments:

Post a Comment