Monday 12 January 2009

I have adopted an elephant!

Well I am now the proud foster-parent of a 16 month old baby-elephant called Mzima!

Yes, I will get up on my soapbox, but it just makes me so happy to learn of people like Dame Daphne Sheldrick. How can you not celebrate a lady who has dedicated her life to saving orphaned baby elephants?

She's the nurse who kept going after her husband's death, and for instance turning her nursing skills into creating the milk formula that saves baby-rhinos and elephants.

How could I resist adopting Mzima after having watched her "Elephants' orphanage" in Kenya portrayed again on CBS 60 Minutes? Here's the link to the video - but beware, it may make you want to adopt a baby elephant too!


So if not for yourself - when you're looking for a very special gift, how about giving away an adoption of a baby elephant?

No comments:

Post a Comment