Saturday 3 October 2009

To blog, or not to blog...

I started this blog with two goals: to keep up my English, and of course to reach friends. But the response from my friends was weak, and I got really depressed when one friend claimed that she couldn't be bothered to get another password (you need a password to comment on the blog - however, not to read it. And she could always comment in some other way: e-mail, Facebook...)
Anyway. I lost the impetus, and thus have not written since May.

But now I promise this: to keep up the writing even to an audience of one (me)!

SO here are some good reasons to keep up a blog (even if your friends ignore it):
  1. Regular writing improves your writing skills

  2. Writing in your second language will keep up your skills in that language

  3. To learn to write regularly is a good way to develop discipline (not my best skill!)


  4. Even though there are millions of bloggers out there, sending your thoughts out into cyberspace will still invite the surprise external contact!


  5. Making your texts public forces you to strive for a certain quality, something you might not be bothered about when just scribbling in a notebook.


  6. It's fun!

At least, this is what I'm trying to convince myself of... So welcome to the re-launch of my blog "Advanced Banter"!!

All the best,

Kris

1 comment:

  1. There's at least an audience of two! But I know the feeling. Getting comments is the point, kind of.

    ReplyDelete